SAFETY HAZARD WARNINGS FOR LITHIUM ION BATTERIES
Rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries are potentially hazardous and can present a serious FIRE HAZARD if damaged, defective or improperly used. Larger Lithium batteries and those used for industrial use involving high discharge current and frequent full discharge cycles require special precautions.
Caution & Prohibitions of Handling Li-ion Battery
- When using the application equipped with battery, refer to the user’s manual before usage.
- Please read the specific charger manual before charging.
- When the cell is not charged after long exposure to the charger, discontinue charging.
- Battery must be charged at operating temperature range 0--50 °C.
- Battery must be discharged at operating temperature (cell surface temperature) range -20 – 75°C.
- Please check the positive (+) and negative (-) direction before packing.
- When a lead plate or wire is connected to the cell for packing, check out insulation not to short-circuit.
- Battery must be stored separately.
- Battery must be stored in a dry area with low temperature for long-term storage.
- Do not place the battery in direct sunlight or heat.
- Do not use the battery in high static energy environment where the protection device can be damaged.
- When rust or smell is detected on first use, please return the product to the seller immediately.
- The battery must be away from children or pets.
- When cell life span shortens after long usage, please exchange to new cells.
- Do not short –circuit battery by your device itself.
- Do not use different charger. Do not use cigarette jacks (in cars) for charging.
- Do not charge with constant current more than maximum charge current.
- Do not disassemble or reconstruct the battery.
- Do not throw or cause impact.
- Do not pierce a hole in the battery with sharp things such as nail, knife, pencil or drill, etc.
- Do not use with other batteries or cells.
- Do not solder on battery directly.
- Do not press the battery with overload in manufacturing process, especially ultrasonic welding.
- Do not use old and new cells together for packing.
- Do not expose the battery to high heat such as fire.
- Do not put the battery into a microwave or high pressure container.
- Do not use the battery reversed.
- Do not connect positive (+) and negative (-) with a conductive materials such as metal, wire, etc.
- Do not allow the battery to be immerged in or wetted with water or sea-water.
Please read before using batteries.